National Privacy Principles
The Australian Institute of Conveyancers WA Division is bound by the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended.
The Australian Institute of Conveyancers WA Division (AICWA) is a Division of the Australian Institute of Conveyancers (AIC).
The following sets out the AICWA policy for handling and managing personal information collected from both members and non-members in connection with our services and other activities.
Purpose of collection of personal information:
Personal information is information about an individual and includes facts or an opinion about the individual which identifies the individual or by which the individual's identity can be reasonably determined.
AICWA collects personal information for the purpose of:
• The provision and promotion of member services.
• The provision and promotion of other services for members and conveyancers generally.
• The provision of information relating to conveyancing matters.
• Maintaining and developing our business systems.
Consequences if personal information is not provided:
If yourpersonal information is not provided we will not be able to process your application or other requests made by you or provide you with the services we offer.
The use and disclosure of personal information:
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, such as:
• For the maintenance of our membership records.
• Providing you with information relating to the work of a licensed conveyancer.
• Providing details of membership services and/or benefits.
• Providing limited mailing lists in a controlled manner to entities for the purpose of AIC and AICWA mail outs.
• Providing limited information to AIC for the purpose of providing information and services to members.
• Providing information to those entities that regulate conveyancers and as may be required by law.
• Provision of information that may be required by a Professional Indemnity Insurance provider and/or broker.
• The publication of lists on AICWA web sites of conveyancing businesses owned by members.
Secure storage of information:
Information is held by us in both paper and electronic form.
AICWA takes every reasonable precaution to see that information collected is held securely and is not used for any unauthorised purpose or disclosure.
Accuracy of information:
The information provided by you is assumed to be correct unless you advise us otherwise.
Unless we become aware that the information held is not accurate we cannot correct it. We need each member to advise us when personal information changes.
Access to Information:
If you want access to the information we hold about you, you need only request it and it will be made available.
For further information, please call the AICWA office on (08) 9631 1166.